More Tax Free Childcare

Good morning


Following a number of queries from parents about using Tax Free Childcare I wanted to clarify the basic points:


Firstly Tax Credits and Tax Free Childcare are not the same thing!


Important: You cannot get Tax-Free Childcare at the same time as claiming Working Tax Credit, Child Tax Credit, Universal Credit or childcare vouchers.


If you are not receiving any of the above you just need to meet the following criteria:


  1. You must have a child aged 11 or under
  2. You and your partner, if you have one, must be working (employed, self-employed, or a director)
  3. You must each earn at least £2,167 over a 3 month period (based on 16 hours at national minimum wage)
  4. You must not individually earn over £100,000 per year
  5. Your immigration status, you must have a national insurance number and a British Citizen or Settled or Pre Settled Status or Permission to access public funds


To apply of for full and further details please follow this link https://www.gov.uk/tax-free-childcare or call into the school office for a chat.


For anyone registered and wanting to start using this facility.


You need to let me know you intend to use it. Instead of making payments into parentmail, you pay into your Child Tax Free Account and allocate the funds to Tweedmouth West. You then screenshot your payment and email me a copy. I then allocate the payment to your parentmail accounts.


If you have any questions please let me know.


Thank you

Mrs Hodgson